Tuesday 14 July 2009

Science and Mathematics in English

Posted by Little-queen at 10:43:00
Frankly speaking, I'm very very sadden with the changes of Science and Mathematics which proposed to teach in English back to Bahasa Malaysia again by our current government.
As for me, I took BA (Hons) Accountancy and Finance after my secondary school. Guess what? Some of the basic subjects we have actually already learnt them in Bahasa Malaysia during our secondary school, and it in English once we entered College or University, and we study it again, don't you think it is very funny and time consuming? Moreover, our brain has actually assimilated the Bahasa Malaysia, and we might need some times to get use with English starting from zero again. Not even now, I can't really speak a fluent English, I guess many of them out there are having the same problem as me too, especially those graduate from a so called "Kebangsaan" seconday School, what's a shame right? My personal opinion is English teaching for Science and Mathematics would be a brilliant idea to make our next generation to be more successful, intelligent, and able to compete with outbounds. Anyhow, Bahasa Malaysia is still a very important subject in our country as if we fail it, we will never get any certificate, so I guess teaching of Science and Mathematics in English still does not affect Bahasa Malaysia at all. Am I right to say so? Anyway, I wonder why not just make the schools in certain vicinity to teach these subjects in English and some in Bahasa Malaysia? Then, we, the rakyat, will be the one decide on what language to be taught for!

0 comments on "Science and Mathematics in English"

 

Little-queen Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Image by Little-queen